Thursday 25 January 2024

Cheap Dungeon Minions - 1/72 plastics

 I have been playing a lot more Sellswords dungeon-type scenarios recently, so I have been painting up my Blacklist Games Fantasy kickstarter with grey bases to use in these games. The problem is that for these sort of games you need a lot of low-level minion types (orcs/goblins sort of thing). I literally have hundreds of orcs and goblins in my Tolkien armies, but they are all based for outside terrain. It doesn't look right to me for minis in a dungeon to have grass and tufts in earth bases. So I need a bunch of low-level monsters that will be quick to paint and cheap. I thought about getting a box or two of the various multi-part critters for Oathmark or similar, but I don't like sticking all the bit together. 

 

Browsing the net, I came across a review of these on the Plastic Soldier Review site. I have already got some of the 1/72 monsters from this manufacturer in my 28mm collection, the War Trolls and Cyclops sets, so I knew that the quality should be acceptable.

The review stated the height as 29mm, so I thought they might be worth a look. Shopping around I found a box for a tenner including postage (40 figures at 25p each!).

In the box you get 4 identical sprues, so 10 poses.

Here are the first minis with a quick paint job and some in-game shots with a Blacklist Games human and an Oathmark elf.


I am quite happy with the results, so I'll get a bunch painted up for my next dungeon games. I may also have a look at some more of the 1/72 plastics now.


No comments:

Post a Comment