Thursday 4 January 2024

Boglanders 4 plus some footpads

 I have managed to get a load more bits and pieces from the Boglanders painted.

Here's a group photo of the latest bunch!

With 63 different arms in the set, I wanted to be able to keep my options open for some of the minis. I like the idea of being able to swap arms around as required for different scenarios or genres.

So I am experimenting with this stuff, Tacky Wax. It's used a lot by railway modelers to place items in static displays, so that they can be re-positioned as needed. I thought I would give it a try and see if it holds arms firmly enough for use in gaming.

And here is the result.

This one is a really weird mutant that seems to be a bonus mini, it certainly did not appear in the original listing on Kickstarter. I felt he/it? has a post-apocalyptic vibe so I've chosen appropriate arms for that. I can see him appearing in a Mutants and Death Ray Guns scenario sometime soon.

Back to fantasy, these are the Wicker Wearers, a cult of warrior poets. (Boglanders are renowned for their bad poetry). Their armour is fairly effective, made from the roots of Bog Willows which as almost as hard as iron.

A collection of Bog Toads (a "Knot" apparently). 

Some of the food tokens, I am sure I will find a use for these.

A fine assortment of treasure chests, eagerly sort by adventurers of all kinds....

....of course they need to watch out for mimic monsters!

Just for something different, I painted up a few Eureka cut-purses and footpads that had been sitting in my painting pile since I undercoated them last summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment