Wednesday 4 October 2023

New VSF Steam Tanks

 I recently expanded my collection of VSF armoured steam contraptions with three new purchases.

Two are from Black Pyramid, a medium landship and a heavy landship from their Tea Wars range https://www.blackpyramid.co.uk/collections/the-tea-wars-vehicles

                                     

The Medium Landship. All these models arrived just two days before I had a planned VSF battle with Colin and Henry, so I rushed to get them assembled and painted with a base coat so that I could get them om the table. the result meant I neglected to take any photos of the assembly or pre-painted stages!

The Heavy Landship. These are big pieces of resin but quite light, I do not know if Black Pyramid have some sort of hollow moulding they use, or else use some kind of lightweight resin. They come in 4 pieces, the main body, two track sections and the main gun.

Each tank comes with a selection of guns, described as eather weapons. Unfortunately, given they are presumably steam-powered machines, they do not have a smoke stack. But Black Pyramid do have a kit that includes two different smoke stacks, so I picked up one of those as well. I then added assorted machineguns from the bits box.

Like I said, these are big beasts. Shown here alongside an Ironclad medium steam tank.

On Ebay I also picked up an old PMC steam tractor. This range used to be sold on Ebay years ago but disappeared and I wish I had been into VSF back then and bought some. The moulds have ended up with Minifigs and the range is listed on the website, but everything is marked Out of Stock or Out of Production. http://www.miniaturefigurines.co.uk/Catalogue.aspx?ScaleID=15&CategoryID=61&SubCategoryID=310
 
Now some pictures of the vehicles with their final paint jobs and weathering.






I really like the Black Pyramid landships, quick to assemble, enough detail but overly fiddly to paint (I am a wargamer, not a precision modeler!). I will pick up a couple more and add a bit more stuff from the bits box. It is a shame that the old PMC range is no longer available, because i would certainly pick up a few more from the range if it were.

No comments:

Post a Comment