Friday 27 August 2021

More New Toys for VSF

 Oh Dear!

I've picked up various new toys for my ever-expanding VSF collection!


Firstly a couple of new buildings from TT Combat. These are actually intended for WW2 France, but I though with an appropriate colour scheme they should fit in with my Streets of Venice stuff.




I wanted to dress up some of my buildings to give them more of a VSF buzz, but I still want to use my Venice set-up for Fantasy or Historical games, so I don't want anything permanently attached. I'd already got some gas lamps and postboxes for the streets and a set of power generators from Frontline. I then discovered a German company, Ziterdes, who produce some supeb resin bits and pieces at a very reasonable price.


And a close-up of one of the sets.


Finally I've started work on a new faction, can you guess what it will be?





I found the boats on Ebay (seller  https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/actualsizeminiatures). They are reasonably detailed resin hulls with 3d printed weapons and fittings. The boats are intended for WW1 Africa, but do the job nicely for late Victorian/VSF. The launch is a motorboat, but I will add in one of Ashio Models' nice little upright boilers and turn it into a steam launch. That came with a stern mounted maxim, but the seller also does a nice set of Gatling guns so I'll swap them around. I will magnetise the weapons so I can remove them when in storage, to save in breakages.

The naval ratings are from Tiger Miniatures and the boarding party from Ironclad.

No comments:

Post a Comment