Tuesday 14 May 2019

New Toys for Cruel Seas

I just can't seem to stop picking up new bits for Cruel Seas at the moment!

At the Milton Keynes Wargames Show I got some new splash markers from Peter Day of On Target Markers. I've been impressed with Peter's explosions and when I found he now made naval markers, I just needed to have some!
A near miss for that Vosper!

I also picked up some superb little Kriegfischkutters for my German fleet by Black Hussar Miniatures in Germany. He had put this model out a 3D print stl file for home printing. But as I do not have a printer I contacted the manufacturer and he was happy to provide printed versions for 6 euros apiece....bargain!
The guy obvious has a very good quality printer as these resin models are the nicest 3D prints I've seen, plus they came with a choice of weapons, a 37mm, 2 x 20mm, a twin 20mm and 2 different versions of a quad 20mm.
 As they come out of the box!

 Close up of one of the ships and it's weapon selection.

Assembled.....

....and undercoated.

Finally I picked up a mdf harbour set on Ebay. As it's a modular set there are almost endless configurations I can use, depending on the scenario. It's probably much larger than I will every really need, but at just £15 why not?




Finally I grabbed one of the bargain packs of WW2 Battle of Britain aircraft the Plastic Soldier Company were selling off. Yes, they are bendy plastic not rigid and the details not brilliant, but I got over 100 6mm planes for a fiver!

4 comments:

  1. Some nice stuff there Graham and an absolute bargain on those aircraft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve, i just hope I can keep up the painting speed to match the rate I'm picking up new models!

      Delete
  2. Do you have a URL and/or email address for the supplier of the Kriegfischkutters as the only Black Hussar Miniatures I can find produces 28mm figures/ Regards - Neil

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's him! He has put the KFK file as a download on Wargaming 3D, but I contacted him directly via his website and he was happy to print some resin models for me.

    ReplyDelete