Wednesday, 29 July 2026

Painting in July

 July has been a much more productive month, allowing be to get through a bunch of fantasy miniatures, mostly from the Wildspire Realm Reforged set.

First off a batch for a dungeon/urban setting. I'm putting a lot of my fantasy stuff on grey bases, especially if I do not have a specific use for them, on the basis that a grey base in an outdoor setting is less jarring than grass tufts and flowers in a dungeon!




These next ones are really bystanders for urban settings, the children would be quite out of place in a dungeon and the dwarf drummer is bound to attract unwanted attention!



I also pained up a bunch of creatures, mostly suitable for a woodland environment, again all Wildspire except for the mountain lion, which is a repainted D&D plastic mini.





I recently got the Midgard mini-campaign "The Iron Valley" and realised I could use a unit of bears, so I painted the rest of the batch.

A unit of Treemen, these are very old figures (1990s?) from the USA, a company called Fortress Figures.

Some old Grenadier minis, from the Fantasy Warriors range, Dwarven rangers (I think these are Nick Lund sculpts). They will also find use in our "The Iron Valley" campaign.

A couple of last minute bits that I've just finished in time.

A female Dwrarf fighter from the Wildspire set. She will be Prinzessin Adalheid in our upcoming "The Iron Valley" campaign.


And some terrain for a change, a pack of Stratified Rocks, 3d prints from Headbunny. I was tempted to pretty these up with some vegetation growing out of cracks and some tufts tucked into corners. But it occurred to me that to do so would restrict their potential use. As it is, they would fit in almost anywhere, the moors of  Middle Earth (or equally Northern Britain or the West Country), deserts, the snowy wastes of Jotunheim or even on the bottom of the sea! 





No comments:

Post a Comment