Monday 13 September 2021

My First Kickstarter!

 I have finally taken delivery of my first Kickstarter project!


 It's Fantasy Series 1 from Blacklist Games, a staggering total of 201 fantasy minis, which should keep me going for a while! 
The box was delivered on Saturday, which was annoying because I was working, playing  medieval/tudor music around various sites in Aylesbury for Heritage Open Days, so I had to wait until Sunday to examine the contents.


Opening the box and sorting through the extensive packaging, some interesting comes into view.

Here's the goodies, the smaller is box is the original product of 70 minis and the larger one contains the stretch goals.

The contents of the original product, nicely packed for transit in trays that will also be very useful for storage.



And now the stretch goals, including some BIG minis.




So what are my first impressions? On the whole, I am very pleased, great value for money certainly. The quality of the plastic minis is good, not as crisp as some of the metal sculps I have, but no worse that a good number of minis in my collection. 
The humans are 28mm and seem to fit in with most of the stuff I already have. There are a few duff sculpts, the skeletons have either over-sized or shrunken heads for example, but mostly they are good poses.

It's a general fantasy collection, really intended for playing skirmish tabletop games in the style of D&D, rather than massed battles. There are minis I already have in my collection, skeletons/zombies/goblins, but some that I do not (and anyway you can never have enough zombies!).

Here's a close up of a robber, giant rat and zombie.

The troll from the larger beasties in the stretch goals.

One of the characters, a dwarf fighter.

Another character, a female half elf wizard.

Like I said, I am very please overall and can see most of the set being useful at some point, escpecially for things like Sellswords and Spellslingers.

It's just as well I like them, because I also bought into Blacklist games next two Kickstarters, Fantasy 2 and Horror!


2 comments:

  1. It looks like a well designed package.
    10 or so classic adventurer tropes for beginning RPGers (When they graduate to running Tortle Warlocks they can bring their own).

    Packs of 5 of a wide variety of regular opponents.

    A few biggies to add the flavour we all crave.

    I hope they accept and retain paint well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they seem an interesting and useful mix. As soon as I clear space on the painting table, I'll try a couple of samples to see how they paint.

      Delete