Sunday 14 June 2020

More for Venice plus other painting to keep myself busy

I didn't get around to posting an update on my painting log last week so I thought I'd combine the two weeks with my latest construction for my Streets of Venice layout.

I've got a bell tower, but the other iconic building I was missing for Venice was a church, so I finally got around to building the TT Combat kit I'd picked up in March.

 At first glance it looked complicated, but I realised that the basic construction was relatively simple, a lot of the pieces were decorative pillars and  arches for the windows.





What else have I been up to....?

 I picked up a bargain on Ebay, 30 Oathmark goblins, assembled and painted for the price of a new box! The lighting was really bad in the photos and the skin tones looked grey, but when they arrived I realised they were actually sades of green. Not the vivid GW palate, but still a bit to green for me as I would be adding them to my Middle Earth armies.  But that's still a minor problem, so I experimented with a couple of different browns on the flesh.
 Once I was happy with the result I could bang the whole lot out in no time at all.

My friend Mark in South London very kindly sent me the next figure. It's a Plague Doctoress from TT Combat's Carnevale range. I painted her in various shades of grey to match the Plague doctor I already had, but it doesn't really show up much in this picture.
And using a flash just washed all the colour out. I really need to look at getting a light box for this photos.

A steampunk contraption from Ramshackle Games.

A test unit for my 10mm French Foreign Legion.

Three more Alfar, old Heartbreaker sculpts by the talented Phil Lewis.

Another set of captives from Ramshackle Games, I'd originally only ordered one set of 4, but they got missed of the original order, so Curtis very kindly sent me two sets!

Another Viking warrior.

 
 


2 comments: