Wednesday 28 June 2023

Tenfold Dungeons, More Than Just A Dungeon

 I while back I came across Tenfold Dungeons via the Lead Adventure Forum. A sturdy 3D card dungeon/interior complex in a box, sounded interesting. I picked up a copy of The Facility, a sci-fi spaceship/starbase set (at slightly less than the £55 RRP) and was very impressed with the product.

I alreday have an old resin dungeon set, which does the job for my fantasy games. But it's heavy and I am forever knocking off walls and needing to stick them back together, so I had been toying with picking up one of Tenfold's fantasy sets for a while.

As these things happen, I was looking at one of the UK distributor's websites and saw that they were offering a substancial discount on some of the products, so, weak-willed as I am, I bought two sets.

I got Dungeons and Sewers (fairly obvious from the name) andThe Castle, a castle/stately home/haunted house set.

Life got in the way a bit, so they sat on the side in their shrinkwrap for a week or so, before I decided to open them up and examine my new toys, so I started with the Dungeons and Sewers set.


Inside the box are...two boxes. All the items are printed on both side so they they can be used to create platforms or raised areas within the set up.


Inside those boxes were more boxes. rooms corridors, stairways, door and plastic clips to hold them all together.


The fill lay-out, 2 large chambers, 2 medium chambers, a stairway and 7 corridors.

I broke out some minis and tried some in-action shots, to get a feel for how spacious the rooms are in gaming use. I do need to think about lighting for in-game shots in the future, but these will do for now.






And one of the corridors, lots of room for minis and monsters, as well as space for my fat fingers to easily move stuff around.


I'll try to get around to taking some images of The Castle set at some point.

I can see a lot of use for these, seperately or together. The Castle upstairs with the Dungeons & Sewers below, or use some of the castle rooms for the more inhabited parts of the dungeon and the sewers for the more grotty bits.

And so many uses beyond fantasy. Gothic Horror, VSF and even 1920s pulp!

No comments:

Post a Comment