Thursday 8 June 2023

KILL TROY TEMPEST! and lots of other uses.

 Tempted by some posts I'd seen on the Lead Adventure Forum, I picked up a couple of packs of 3D prints designed by BigMrTong. This designer has a wealth of "interesting" sets available, but two in particular caught my eye, Aquaphibians and Space Miners. I got these from 3D Kingdoms in the UK, but I know they are also available on Ebay, at less that £1.50 per model they seemed a good deal to me.

If you are of a certain age, like me, you will instantly recognise the Aquaphibians as the bad guys from Stingray (a popular kids sci-fi show by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson in the 1960s). Immediatly came up with so many possibilities for these, underwater aliens, outer space aliens, pulp, VSF and more!

The Space Miners also suggest multiple uses with their hemets and suits based on those of early deep sea divers.

The minis are nice resin prints (in a slightly bizarre translucent green!), very crisp with minimal need for cleaning up. Some of the poses are a little static, in fact resembling the puppets they are based on! But as I am not a fan of the ridiculious acrobatic poses some manufacturers seem to prefer, it doesn't bother me.

Both sets, not bad for around thirty quid including postage.

The Space Miners.

The Aquaphibians.

Size comparison with a Foundry/Copplestone mini. The Space Miners are a good match for 28mm minis, the Aquaphibians are slightly taller, but then they are aliens! 

Test paint jobs.


I can see the Space Miners getting as much use for VSF as sci-fi and the Aquaphibians will get no end of use!

No comments:

Post a Comment