Saturday 5 December 2020

Various Fantasy Figures

 I haven't posted much recently. Partly because I have been a bit preoccupied with reinventing our family business in the face of the current situation and finding new ways to earn some sort of income. And partly, if I am honest, because I seemed to lack enthusiasm to do so. 


Not that I had lost interest in gaming. I have kept painting since the summer, if a bit sporadically, and even managed some regular games with selected friends. It was just that I couldn't be bothered to take photos and put them into a blog post. So giving myself a kick up the backside, I dug out the various minis I've painted since August and taking some piccis to get myself started. I have been painting only 28mm fantasy, for some reason, perhaps because I have mostly only been playing skirmish games (fantasy and gothic horror/steampunk) for the last few months, so that is what has has grabbed my attention. 

I'll put all the Victorian-style stuff in another post, so this is just the more conventional fantasy stuff, mainly for use in Sellswords and Spellslingers.

To kick off, a mummy. A Reaper Bones mini that I picked up in a bag of odds and sods at a wargames show (remember them?) some time back.

"Mummy" and "Daddy" ogres, again Reaper Bones.

Another Reaper mini, metal this time, a Ranger looks for clues (or lost scorpions).

Some resin spider victims that I found on the web from Russia.

And the same with their new friends!

A troll, once again a Reaper Bones mini.

Some strange sort of mutant troll, not sure what range this is from.

Finally a bunch of plague zombies. These are plastic, I think they are from one of the Zombicide board games.


6 comments: