Tuesday 15 December 2020

Some Lockdown Painting - VSF/Steampunk

 Recently, in between lockdowns, I've played a few games of Wolsung from Micro Art Studio in Poland, with an old gaming buddy who recently returned to the hobby. She loves painting and chose the game because of the figures, which are rather nice, but a tad expensive for my budget. I've really enjoyed the game, so I put together a few  clubs (factions) utilising figures I already had in my collection. This inspired me to re-visit my VSF version of Sellswords and Spellslingers and also led to me trawling the internet for interesting miniatures to paint.

So here are a few of them.

A rather prim lady engineer from Ramshackle Games.

Mek the Knife, Murdoch, Newspaper Magnet and The Tunstall Torcher, all from Black Pyramid Gaming's \Steam and Steel range

Steam-powered, bicycle-mounted Gatling gun (well why not?).  A miniature from the SMOG boardgame by CMON.

Country squire and staff by Blue Moon.

In Wolsung there is an undead faction, the Ven Rier, which are decidedly Germanic. As I already had a group of Westwind's vampires, which I'd painted up in the first lockdown, I decided to go for a Transylvanian branch of the faction.

Westwind zombie cossack guards.

And some more zombie cossacks.

The whole faction.

Ice Zombies/ghouls for Ven Rier cannon fodder. Confusingly, in Wolsung bog-standard zombies are called "ghouls" and the more dangerous undead are "zombies"!

Two more bizarre creatures from the SMOG game, a giant stinging bug creature and a rat-like sewer scavenger.


4 comments: