Thursday, 27 August 2026

Painting in August

I didn't think I would get much painting done in the hot weather (paint often drying before I could use it!). But in the end I did get a few minis painted, considering  the heat, which was nice!

Looking for other "different" units for our upcoming Iron Valley Midgard campaign, I can have goat riders in my Dwarf army. I don't have any minis for these, but I did have a few of the old Grenadier Fantasy warriors Dwarf bear riders. I picked up a couple of extras from Forlorn Hope (who still carry quite a lot of the range in the UK) and gave them a quick paint job with Speedpaints and acrylic paint pens. I don't suppose it really matters in the rules whether the dwarven mounts bite the orcs, or gore them, they are dead either way!


I have been asked about the size of the Dwarf rangers that I posted last month (also Grenadier sculpts). Here's a photo with some of my other dwarves.
L-R 2 x Colin Patten sculpts (Vendal or Conqueror), Grenadier, Asgard (Jez Goodwin sculpt), Grenadier, Mythic Worlds (originally Lancashire Games, them ERM) and Games Workshop Middle Earth (one of only 2 GW dwarves in my collection!).I don't have any of Colin Patten's newer Ragnarok Miniatures, but I think they would match the Vendal/Conqueror models for size.

A Reaper Bones Nagengra/snakeman champion.

Getting back to the Wildspire Realm Reforged set, another giant snake.

A couple more for my urban games, an apothecary and a female bandit.

A Deep One type-thingy to crawl out of the sewers and a hobgoblin mercenary.







No comments:

Post a Comment