Saturday 12 February 2022

Trying Twisted Steampunk Skirmish

 Kirstie came over for a game last night and brought along two factions for Twisted. This is a steampunk skirmish tabletop game produced by Demented Games in Oz. https://www.dementedgames.com/

Twisted is more fantasy steampunk than the VSF I usually play, lovely looking miniatures but not to my personal taste (and a bit pricy for me). Kirstie loves painting them, I think she bought them for painting originally, then got the game.

This was only my second game, so I am still getting my head around the rules. The basic mechanisms are straight forward, characters have 2 actions per turn, move, charge, shoot, fight etc. Combats are opposed rolls, if the attacker scores higher they hit, then calculate damage according to the weapon and target's armour.  

There are added levels of complexity because each character has different weapons and special abilities, plus use of cards and Alchemancy (magic). As I play more games I will become more familiar with the best use of the various bits and bobs.

Here are a few shots of the game, I played Servants of the Engine against Kirstie's Dickensians. I got slaughtered!






No comments:

Post a Comment