Saturday 7 December 2019

Streets of Venice - So Many Uses

Back in October Ian and I had a day out in the Big City and went to Tabletop Gaming Live at the Alexandra Palace.

TTCombat had a massive stall there, with a lot of their fantastic mdf sets at a bargain price if ordered at the show. Ian ordered a secret lair for his Evil Genius (don't ask!) and I got tempted into buying the Venetian Quarter set. I must admit I'd been tempted by the Streets of Venice sets for the past couple of years, drooling over them every time I browsed the TTCombat website, but had always managed to talk myself out of it. The set was normally £150 (individually it's about £220 worth of kits), but the show special was just £100, post free!


How could I, a mere wargamer, resist such temptation?
These set was going to fit in with so many of my wargames collections, Fantasy, 16th Century, 19th Century/VSF, Pulp 1920s and modern/near future gunfights.

Recently a box turned up turned up from TTCombat and I have had the frustration/satisfaction of sticking together a pile of mdf boxes.


First step - assemble all the plazza sections and bridges.

I've had a go at painting some items in a very basic way. I've really just drybrushed the mdf, as I don't want to lose all the etched-in details.

The first building - I started small.

 The next building was a little more challenging.
 

The layout so far.

 

Now my third building is completed.



1 comment:

  1. A friends of mine has the same set, looks good: bold and colourful 😁.

    ReplyDelete