Sunday 14 May 2017

Lost City for Pulp and Frostgrave

I have a reasonable collection of assorted ruins that I've used for all kinds of things from Stargate to Middle Earth, much of which have been collecting dust in the loft for a few years. In the past year or so I've been getting good use out of them for Frostgrave set-ups on a 3x3 board.

Recently I've also been playing The Men Who Would Be Kings quite a bit and that's made me want to play some pulp-inspired games in a mysterious Lost City environment. TMWWBK works very well for these types of  games using the "skirmish level" in the rules, basically half sized units.

So I dug all my ruined terrain out to see what I could put together on the tabletop. I've also been inspired by MalcyBogaten's amazing Lost Jaffa City on the Lead Adventure Forum. I need for more ceremonial entrances and arches, plus some more imposing grand stairways.


The whole city









                                              Intrepid explorers discover the Lost City
                                   The native porters fall silent as they move through the ruins
What will they discover?


                                                      What's that by the river?
They are not alone!


2 comments:

  1. Brilliant work there! I think I even spot a HLBS Lady from the Femme Fatales in your intrepid expedition. Some of the first figs my mates at HLBS co made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for the kind words. I was originally inspired by your work!

      Delete